Please create a design for the main page. Please select two additional pages from the list below. This will result in a total of 3 pages being designed.
1. Main Page: Will have the main backdrop, Q4A title & Logo, navigation menus, and a frame for the welcome slide show. See links below for examples of backdrops, frames, graphics, and menus:
http://www.shadowera.com (Great center framing and title. They also have great frame graphics.)
http://www.ederon.com (center title and graphic. Also, great moving flag icon!)
http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/ (Nice and open top imagery)
http://vindictus.nexon.net (their textured frames are nice)
http://dragonsofatlantis.com/a?entr (A little bit more simple, good changing graphics)
• Areas for Information: Quest for Arete, Library, Store, Alchemist’s House, Sorcerer’s House, Armorer’s House, About Us, Contact Us, Home
• Admin type areas: Quest for Arete Home, Log in/ Register, Duel, Virtual Q4A
•Intro page: Loads in the main page content area in a frame that contains different slides that are timed or that you can click through, see link below (But the frame should be designed similarly to the navigation menu frames):
2. Virtual Account Management: This will be the “desktop” of the player. They will manage their virtual cards, see their stats, etc. The setting should be like a stone or wooden table top, where they can lay out their cards and see their periodic table, etc.
3. Dueling Arena: This will be where the players go to duel online. Perhaps two to three backdrops (courtyard, swamp, or mountain trail) The game play functions are in development elsewhere. Feel free to place mock elements in your design.
4. Virtual Q4A World: This will be the portal to the virtual Q4A world (the social gaming portion of the game). Think “entrance to Diagon Alley”, or “a village gate”.
5. Library: This will be where the player goes to learn more information about elements and to study up on how to beat their opponents. The setting should be library like, with piles of books, maps, scrolls, etc. The books and scrolls will provide resources to players (link to other web pages, or have internal wiki data about game aspects. There may be a “local paper” which links to a forum)
Players can use character cards during play. These characters were trained in one of three competing schools or “houses.” With a character selected in the virtual game, the players may visit the haven of their “house” to train away weaknesses, learn new spells or discover elements to collect.
Although the houses compete, they are all members of the same sorcerer’s guild, so they are aware of one another’s strengths and weaknesses. They even share important discoveries for the good of all.
6. Alchemist House: The Alchemists are focused, intelligent tacticians. The feel of this page is scholarly – but don’t imagine they are geeks! Alchemists use surgical precision and cunning to win duels. This house is where the alchemists learn and discover new elements.
7. Sorcerers House: The sorcerers are the most chaotic group. They use the different elements to create explosives and chemical reactions. The feel is chaotic with experiments all around. Their motto is, “Why use an explosion to solve a problem when a much larger explosion will do?”
8.Armorers House: Armorers are well trained in metallurgy. They craft strong weapons and armor. Here they create new weapons and armor and put them to the test.