(Have mock-up for these pages to show needed content)
Tank Profile Page
This is the main page users will spend time on. Here is some info on the required fields from top to bottom and left to right:
1. Search filters (static) – the first thing users need access to are the filters to narrow down the tanks. They can do this three ways:
i. Search bar – this is a simple search field that will bring them directly to the Tank Profile they searched and should populate with suggestions as they type
ii. Type filters – clicking an icon in the filter should go to the Search Page and display the top 20 tanks from that type of tank. Each tank will belong to one type of class, nation and tier
a) Class – Diamond = Light Tanks
2 Bars = Medium Tanks
3 Bars = Heavy Tanks
Triangle= TDs (Tank Destroyers)
Square = SPGs (Artillery)
b) Nation – USA
Czech/Slovak (recently added but missing from the small icon pic
c) Tier – One to Ten and always displayed in roman numerals
iii. Tech Tree – clicking on one of the larger flags will drop down a Tech Tree (flash animation?) for that nation with every available tank (I can supply these) where in each tank will be clickable
2. Tank Name and Icon (dynamic) – All icons are the same size so one static image field that we can load from admin will work. Names vary wildly in size from tank to tank though so font may need to scale? This field will also create the database entry I presume for the tank.
3. Tank Description (dynamic) – A simple text field to describe the tank. Will likely vary in length substantially from tank to tank so should the field have a static maximum size that may have empty space or should the image field adjust to the amount of text?
4. Rating Area (Static column/row names, dynamic ratings) – This will have our rating and the average user rating. The ratings will consist of:
viii. Lasting Appeal
5. Tank Statistics (dynamic) – This (for now) will be image we load in. The image will very slightly in dimensions but will always be a landscape orientated rectangle so should adjust (much like in our app) to fit
6. Pros and Cons (dynamic) – A simple text field to describe the tank. Will likely vary in length substantially from tank to tank so should the field have a static maximum size that may have empty space or should the image field adjust to the amount of text?
7. Component Tech Tree (dynamic) – Image to be loaded in. Should be able to scale horizontally quite easily but will vary substantially in vertical length depending on how advanced the tech tree is. Will send examples
8. Equipment (dynamic images/static field) - will have 3 to 5 images that can be loaded as suggested equipment from about 15 options. (admin panel could have check boxes much like categories in our app?)
9. Tactics (dynamic) - A simple text field to describe the tank. Will likely vary in length substantially from tank to tank so should the field have a static maximum size that may have empty space or should the image field adjust to the amount of text?
10. Videos (dynamic) – Thumbnails of videos to be loaded in via URL from admin
11. Comments (statics frames with dynamic info) – A field for individual users to leave pros/cons, rating, and comments
The home page would have the same filters at the top (they would be static on every page). From there:
1. Top Rankings – The five classes of tanks with top ten Overall scores (not an average of all scores, just the Overall category) for each and then the eight nations with top 10 ranks. Again the formation I have used is not necessary but I would suggest the Classes and Nations be listed in this order as it the way the game does. The number of rows or columns can be whatever fits with the design. The appropriate icons (not necessarily these icons) should be used with the classes too.
2. Three latest video thumbnails