Currently we have started building our new e-commerce web store on PrestaShop paltform (not design – only layout and information): http://zaliastotele.reservationpartner.com/en/ . Some parts (but only some parts – those parts will be mentioned in this document) can be used as reference for design.
After we will finish desktop version design, then we will start with responsive design version so if possible please take it into account that your desktop design will need to be adaptive for mobile devices after some time, but now lets concentrate on desktop version design.
Search input block:
• Search block should be clearly seen for web site visitors. Probably they will be using it quite often.
• Autosuggest information with product name, thumbnail, price and add to cart button will be displayed when customer enters search keyword. You can check it here http://zaliastotele.reservationpartner.com/en/ - e.g. enter keyword without quotes: „sek“. This suggestions list should be scrollable.
• Position on the left side of the web page. The categories tree can be checked here: http://zaliastotele.reservationpartner.com/en/ - you can use this categories tree as a reference for your design.
• Please keep in mind that our web store will have lots of products (~7000) so category tree will be quite big. We need visual separation for categories and sub categories.
• We already have carousel: http://zaliastotele.reservationpartner.com/en/ You can reuse it or make it more attractive according to your style.
• Carousel will be used for most important events like sales, or top products promotion.
• We will have blocks in one row, 1st- growing guides, 2nd - live help/chat for online buyers 3rd - link to Passionate gardeners club
Social networks block:
• Currently we are concentrating only on Facebook, but please include also twitter icon.
Trustmarks: we attached a sample, but we want way better looking ones, but not on the top of homepage.
Shopping cart block:
• Customer needs to know when shopping cart is empty, total number of products and total price.
• On mouse over it should expand and show shopping cart products. http://gyazo.com/47dc382c7c58c94f83…49ecfac721
• We would like to have some products on the homepage, like most popular and new arrival (what is really important).
2. PRODUCT page:
• Its very important to make it clear with information ( for example info about seeds) graphical visualization as a calendar (when to seed, when is blooming, when we can harvest and etc.), also its very important to mention about links to the page with video advices and articles, we want large product pictures, and a ribbon with related products on the bottom probably.
• The key point in product page are:
Product picture, description, visual/instruction icons and planting and harvesting calendar they will all be needing restyling according to the new design.
- sowing time
- seedlings planting time
- flowering time
- place of growing
In order to group variuous tipes of product related information we would like to use different tabs. http://gyazo.com/1e7357082081bde161…ce27baac9c
• Minimalistic approach should be used for product page and also maintained throughout pages.
3. CATEGORIES page:
• Functionality is very important to us.
• It is necessary to take a look at category, subcategory style and view, also consider product card preview, both when cursor is on and off the product. http://gyazo.com/cda36ee849227ca0c6…b70db4e22b
• Also filtering options should be taken into account, tick boxes and slider option will be used in this project, example below: http://gyazo.com/856ed711942900e53e…5da840c50c
4. CHECKOUT page:
One page checkout. Easy and simple for any person.
5. LOGIN page:
We want to provide possibility for our customers to log in with their Facebook account or with their email so it should be clearly seen what login options are.