We are looking for indoor signage for our Midlothian (Westchester) Campus, which meets in a movie theater. Things to note:
* The theater is a rainbow of bold, primary colors. We’d love for our signage to stand out via a consistent look/feel in the midst of the variety of colors, but while maintaining the look/feel of PCC.
* Keep in mind that we’re planning to shift the brand of PCC and make it MORE EDGY than it currently is. I’d love to see this shift start with these signs. Our logo will remain the same. But amongst churches like ours, while we’re different than a traditional church, we aren’t quite as “different” as we’d like to be. When looking at our website for branding ideas, also look at elevationchurch.com and newspring.cc and you might notice the vast difference. While we don’t want to copy these folks, we can do better.
* As we order new signage and print materials in the coming months. That means that, if we choose your sign design, you might hear from me again regarding other signs and our print materials.
* We’re attaching an Excel document that lists specific signs and information needed on them so that you'll get a feel for the different "stations" and areas that we need signage for.
* We realize that you can only submit ONE design here. So, it is up to you - you can pick either
1) The Wiggle and Giggles retractable vertical banner (highligted in pink – print layout area is 36”w x 94”h and safe viewing zone is 36”w x 87.5”h) OR
2) the 10'x6' 3-piece Welcome sign (for the contest, your design can start off in one piece, but we'd need it divided into 3 pieces in the final file) Each of the 3 panels is 33”w x 94”high. The entire assembled piece (3 pieces together) is 99”w x 94”high (safe viewing zone – 99”w x 87.5”h).
* Please use sans serif fonts. Any fonts you use should either be free, or be accessible to us for less than $100 (in total). We will likely use the fonts you choose on all signage and possibly even carry them over to our print materials. At the conclusion of the contest, we will need your raw files, including access to fonts or the ability to purchase.
* We tend to gravitate toward dark colors. We tend to identify them as more edgy. However, we’re not opposed to the signs being lighter in color. To date, however, white has come across to us as boring. So, if you design in white, I'd love to see gradients, textures, edges, elements - something along these lines - to make the sign DIFFERENT.
* Colors should also match our pallet. Our logo uses deep teal, orange, and red. We typically compliment these colors with black or grey (when looking at backgrounds). You may also use these colors as your background, though I’m concerned about the overall feel being too colorful and busy in the theater (keep in mind that there will be multiple signs per the Excel sheet)
*If your background/base is NOT in white, grey or black, any colors used should compliment our logo AND make sense year-round. (ex. pastels are too "springy" for winter in our area).
I'm really looking for a fresh, edgy, design concept that is clean, easy to read, and will work across all of the signs we need (which you'll note in the Excel file).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
* PCC Kids is a brand of ours. I'm attaching that logo here. Please use this if you decide to create a design for the Wiggle and Giggles retractable banner.
* If you choose to do the 3-panel Welcome sign, the original PCC logo should be included somewhere on this sign. I’m attaching this logo as well (must have the “One Church. Multiple Locations. on this particular sign).
* If you choose the 1-panel retractable Wiggles & Giggles banner sign, please find a way for all information to be horizontal. It’s very hard to read the info when it the letters run vertically (this is what we have with our current signage).
* 3 panel Welcome Sign – if you choose to design this, it must include our logo, either in horizontal or vertical format (attached)
* Fonts - If you need our logo fonts for any reason, logo font is Hand of Sean (PCC) and Century Gothic (One Church. Multiple Locations.), and Trade Gothic (kids on PCC Kids logo)