We are looking for an updated/alternate package design for our cube-based word game, ZIP-IT.
ZIP-IT is the high-speed word race you can play anyplace! Six-sided letter cubes make for infinite word grid combinations. Super-fast rounds and small space game play mean you can fit in a game almost anywhere – even on an airplane tray table! ZIP-IT comes in a self-scoring pouch so you can keep track of winning rounds. Be the first to zip to 10, then race all over again!
If you would like to play this game to get a better understanding of it, please visit http://www.bananagrams.com to purchase it or use our store locator to find it at a shop near you.
• Package form factor (size & structure) will stay the same. Same type of cloth, with screen-printed graphics, & hanging loop at top. All elements within that can be addressed, however. Can change cloth colors (in existing panels), zipper colors, graphic colors/treatment, etc.
• Design must incorporate zipper image in logo in some way.
Challenges/opportunities to be addressed in new package:
• Color options should be explored. Design key words: simple, confident, fun, colorful, speedy, quality product, unisex. Game key words: race, addictive, portable.
• Due to product line conflicts, we need to avoid the following colors as the sole color of the package: red, pear green, yellow. These can be used as accent colors, or in conjunction with other colors. See attached image of product line for more info.
• Needs to fall in line with the rest of our product range in terms of tone. Shouldn’t feel like a disconnect from the brand. Style needs to fit into the Bananagrams Family of Games.
• It needs to be clear that this is a word game. Due to the scoring pouch, there has been some confusion as to whether this is a math game.
• Scoring MUST be incorporated into packaging, as this element of the packaging is what sets it apart from other games, but it can be secondary to the branding of the game. (Not in the same color, in a more muted tone, etc.) You may consider putting branding on one side & scoring on the other as a second design option but we would ideally like to keep it all on one side.
• We would like to see a one color screen-print option. Others are extra & welcome.
• Can use Bananagrams logo zipper pulls. Can choose any color(s). (See photo for example.)
• Can include the Bananagrams logo elsewhere on the package, but it’s not a must. If included, it needs be clear that this is a game by Bananagrams, not Bananagrams in a different package.