He followed my direction and took it further.
I also respect him because he took charge and gave me his professional opinion about what would work best.
How Jhable started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Games & Recreational
World of Wobbles is a virtual world for kids where they get to play tons of fun mini games. Kids are represented by their avatars determined by whichever world they pick.Their world is made up of a map with buildings/locations that they can travel to. The buildings/locations on the map leads the user to a different mini game where they can play with or against other kids.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
Map of the virtual world should be colorful but simplistic in design-- ideally 3D looking
It should have playful shapes for the buildings/locations
It should be appealing to both girls and boys
Cute style is preferred
It is targeting children 5-12
World of Wobbles
- Kid enters the game and views loading screen
- Loading screen for their world is then displayed
- After it loads, they customize their avatar
- [Screen Needed] They are then presented with a map of the virtual world
- This is the “main menu” of the app- this is where the user will be able to select where they want to do in the virtual world
- Clicking on the buildings/places in the world is the only way for the user to enter a mini-game experience
- Map should have icons/buttons over the locations where there are mini games present. These icons should be representative of what the mini game is about
- There should be at least 10 icons/locations representing the following mini games-- 5 of them will be locked to the user for this screen shot
1) tick tac toe (available to play)
2) brick breaker (locked)
3) dance/music game (locked)
4) memory game (locked)
5) bubble shooter (locked)
6) match 3 jewels (locked)
7) Cards (locked)
8) Bowling (locked)
9) Basketball (locked)
10) Surfing (locked)
- When a user is finished with the mini game experience and they exit, they will automatically return to the virtual world map
- The virtual world map should also show how many friends the user has online
What to avoid
Less text is better-- use of icons should be strong
Nothing of violent nature (no gun shop buildings)