This design will be the front cover of the magazine.
Our logo (attached) must appear at the top of the page. Also, we need space at the BOTTOM LEFT HAND SIDE of the page for an Address box. The United States Postal Service (USPS) sets the guidelines for the exact size and positioning of the address box on the page. Please note the specs for size and placement and include the address box on all design submissions.
ADDRESS BOX SPECS:
US Post Office mailing label requirements:
• White Box sized at 4” wide x 1.5” tall placed at .5” from left edge of trimmed page & .5” from bottom edge of trimmed page
Also, the designs must be submitted according to the following SPECS:
• Cover file should be set up for InDesign CS5, version 7.0
• Refer to the attached ad specs for color requirements, trim size, and ad sizes
o All colors must be process CMYK ( no spot, RGB or ICC sRGB color profiles)
o All images should be vector or 300 dpi
• Fonts must be PC-based and not CS6 type-kit fonts
• Package the file so it includes the InDesign file, fonts, and any required images as well as any special instructions
• Live elements should be no closer than .5” from trim
• Do not set up smart text reflow on text boxes
• Substituted fonts are not permitted
• Ruler units should be in inches, text size & stroke units in points
• Set the InDesign document to check links before opening the document & to find missing links before opening the document
• All image manipulations must be saved in the source file so that we can update/change at a later date. If they must flatten artwork, they should save a psd or eps/ai file for us to access if needed.
• Must provide source files for CS5
• All colors used in InDesign layout must be set up in swatches and named intuitively