Playoki is is an iPad/Android tablet application for performing music. Both playing music on a qwerty style keyboard and singing karaoke style. Thus the name Playoki TM.
The most important messages the logo should impart:
1. This is an application for the whole world...all people familiar with a qwerty keyboard can play. Performing...Singing and Keyboarding music is the theme
2. This application enables playing on an abbreviated set of qwerty keyboard style keys...the letter rows only and only letters...(this is provided as background info it isn’t necessary or desirable to label the keys....too detailed.
3. The application also enables a person to use a microphone so that a new more robust Karaoke is made possible...in that you can both Sing and Play. 4. All instrument sounds can be played. The user picks the instrument they want sounded although the qwerty/computer style keyboard is always the same. Thus it is a prominent part of the logo.
5. One way of imparting the multiple instrument capability would be to have notes flying into the air in the shape of various instruments. This is just one idea not a requirement of how to indicated this multi-instrument aspect.
The most important objects in the logo:
1. This is a strong Character Logo. NOT a child oriented cartoon figure.
2. A globe, world, earth of some sort. Something that imparts the idea that the whole world can play music using this application. Arms coming off of a world for instance!
a. It is important that a specific area of the world, if a world is used, is NOT recognizable. In other words this is NOT a regional capability. Continents should NOT be recognizable. The fact that it is the world SHOULD be recognizable.
3. That a Qwerty (computer) Style/arrangement of keys is being played
4. That a microphone is prominent...just as prominent as the Keyboard and it seems preferable in somewhat the style of the graphic provided. A strong Recording Studio style Microphone. However as part of a headset may work well too?
5. That if a World/Earth/Globe is used which then a Head Set or earphones in place should be part of the design.
The most important emotions to be imparted:
1. This is a fun application...but it is also a very robust/capable and serious music performance application. This is NOT a application aimed at children. This is an enabling application.
2. Music is being produced... notes are flying around.
The most important Colors and shades.
1. Bronzes and golds and colors in that range. I have provided a copy of the primary GUI for the app. The logo color tones should complement those.
2. I realize that the earth is normally shown as blue/green. If you use an Earth we do not want a blue/green earth. We must have a gold/bronze color toned theme. Ivory can be mixed in.
1. Playoki or PLAYOKI is the short name of the application and should be...by far the largest word on the logo with a TM for Trademark at the end.. This is absolutely the one word that we want the viewer to Associate and remember.
2. Other words/Slogans that apply/can be part...if they don’t make the logo too busy:
a. Music At Your Fingertips! is one of our trademark slogans.
b. At Last...Everyone can play! Is another one.