I'm in need of a modern yet soft logo for my photography business to be used on business cards, new web site (links provided in the brief), in e-mail signatures, etc.
j. michael wallace photography
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- I am looking to have a logo produced for my photography business. I am primarily a wedding photographer in the photojournalistic style. I also do event photography as well as product and speciality photography.
- Since I cover quite a span of services, the logo should be usable throughout that span. Although, it would be great to have two versions that are connected and relatable in their style.
- You can look at my current site to get an idea of the photography I produce by going to my wedding portfolio by clicking >HERE<. I have done some commercial work for Ford, but samples of my "specialty" photography can be seen by clicking >HERE<. In that gallery, I have included some images of a shoot I did for an Art Gallery that only displays glass. Very difficult lighting work and very specialized. Also, I included what my current quick and dirty logo looks like and my name as I sign it as reference. I have been told by people that my signature is very unique and interesting.
- The font I used for my current logo is Eras Medium ITC and I currently use that font for correspondence. I like the font, but am not open to change. Not sure if these additonal items are helpful, but I have included them for reference.
- This logo will be used on busiess cards, my new website (see sample template >HERE<), as a signature in email, and slide shows that I produce.
- I currently own the domains: jmw-photo.com, jmichaelwallace.com, jmichaelwallacephoto.com, & jmichaelwallacephotography.com.
- I understand that the some of those can be cumbersome to type, that is why I purchased jmw-photo.com also. Someone once gave me the idea of highlighting the j, m, w & p in the j. michael wallace photography to relate the two. But I understand it could be too many identities to make for cohesive branding.
- I have not chosen any specific colors yet - so have at.
- Item 1...Must include the text> j. michael wallace photography <. I have been using all lower case but I am not married to it.
- Item 2...Should be modern and masculine yet soft to appeal to the wedding photography market which is primarily brides.
- Item 3...Must be time enduring
- Item 4...Winner must be able to deliver end product in vector format.