AMAMI means “sweet taste” in Japanese (in contrast to umami which is savory). Also the name of a cluster of islands near Japan where a funny looking species of rabbit lives.
We are looking for a logo that ideally combines an image with our shop name (AMAMI). The image would be usable separately as a simple logo for packaging. For those who are ambitious, we'd love to see the image actually INCORPORATED into the name.
About us: a quick bio from one of our earlier projects: http://galipetteparis.com/bio.html
Our cafe reflects our mixed backgrounds (American, French and Japanese). We serve modern pastries, American style coffee and deserts, Japanese inspired bento boxes for lunch.
We've put together a few visual examples of our style here: https://www.pinterest.com/netts/amami-design/
What we need: multi-purpose logo (color, graphics, type) for use on website, storefront, packaging and printed materials.
Aesthetics we tend to gravitate towards:
- clean lines
- 50s and 60s graphics
- Charlie Harper illustrations (the mix of graphic and organic)
- Scandinavian design
Color preferences: soft pastels and neutrals with a small splash of brightness. Examples:
Things we want to AVOID:
- an overly cutesy/twee image (doesn’t mean we don’t want an element of playfulness and charm, just that there is a fine line between the two)
- frills or an image that is too girly (it’s just not who we are)
- overused hipstery aesthetics like https://justrandomdesigns.files.wor…2/hdb1.jpg (though we do love a lot of vintage graphics, maps, furniture, dishes, we want our brand to be able to withstand changing trends and not look dated in a year or two)
- heavy handed cultural symbolism (ex. American stars, cherry blossoms, rising suns, Eiffel towers, etc.)
Please pay attention to French orthography where needed (ex. the accent in pâtisserie).
Do not hesitate to contact us anytime for more detailed info.