Name: Jerry's Motel
Tag Line: Where You Feel At Home
Thank you for taking the time to review this contest.
1) The initial use of our logo will be for a 8 ft. wide by 6ft tall light box sign for the exterior of our property. As the logo will be printed on vinyl that only has a 5 ft. maximum, the bottom 1 ft. of the design needs to be carefully planned/designed. This portion will be printed separately and then lined up with the rest of the logo.
2) Inspiration can be drawn from a "city" feel. Some ideas are skylines (silhouettes), buildings, or city landmarks would be a nice touch since we are located near Downtown Los Angeles in California. We'd love to see something closely integrated to the text, similar to the Laura Ranch and Oregon Spirits samples we selected below.
3) Hotel vector signs Iike a bed can also work.
4) We like modern and mid century modern fonts such a futura and neutra. - see general comments to all designers.
5) We would love to get a variety of looks from retro motel signs of the past to some more modern looking logo ideas.
6) Please avoid white space - we'd like a background (open to gradients). The design will have to work both at day and night (back lit sign box).
7) Play with transforming letters into a graphic like a bed, a building, or some other related icon.
8) Be creative - if you have ideas or suggestions that are different than the brief, feel free to submit your designs.