@tomus@ presented us with a large number of very creative designs for a church logo. He was very prompt in responding to requests for modifications. It was difficult selecting just one final design from the many ideas he submitted as well as those from other designers who responded to our contest. We are excited to roll out our new logo to the church community, which was actively engaged in helping with the design brief and in reviewing the finalists. It was a very fun and informative process!
- Márcio Barros "Arthur B".
I loved the design. The designer was extremely patient and provided me with a variety of options to choose from as well as made all the adjustments I asked for. I definitely will request designs from this designer in the future.
- win wonz
The design fit what I was looking for in terms of simplicity with yet with a striking look.
Very responsive and easy to work with. Fast and accommodating!
How jsheldon418 started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Franconia United Methodist Church (but see Other Notes, below)
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are a medium-sized church (average Sunday worship attendance of about 150 people) located in the outer suburbs of Washington, D.C. The population in the area right around the church is fairly diverse, and our congregation represents that cultural and economic diversity. The population in the area continues to grow, and we are seeing some turnover as older generations retire and move away, and younger families move in. Our website gives more information about the church: http://www.FranconiaUMC.org
The following characteristics help to describe who we are and who we are trying to reach:
• We have a MULTIGENERATIONAL congregation, but we especially welcome YOUNG ADULTS and YOUNG FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN.
• We are CHRIST-CENTERED in our beliefs and practices, and we work hard to REACH OUT INTO THE COMMUNITY with programs that will draw people in.
• Many people say we are WARM and WELCOMING, and that they decided to join the church because it gives them a sense of COMMUNITY.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
Want the logo to be in color but to print well in grayscale as well.
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
Church name (Lakewood) is part of logo, with "United Methodist Church" in small font underneath
* We want the logo to print well in Grayscale as well as in color.
* We would like the logo to incorporate the name "Franconia," with the words, "United Methodist Church" in smaller font underneath the graphic. However we are also interested in seeing designs that are purely graphic without any words.
* We do not want 'gingerbread people;' like cutout figures or paperdoll figures intended to represent people.
* We do not want flowers or trees.