Hom Korean Kitchen is a quick service Korean eatery. Our focus is fresh, flavorful food that is served in a fast casual atmosphere. I want people to feel comfortable like they are dining in my home. You can see the food being prepared with an open kitchen. We use no preservatives or artificial ingredients, preparing most things from scratch.
The design will be industrial with lots of natural elements of wood and steel. Here is my pinterest page to get a better idea:
UPDATED INFORMATION: Hey all, Thanks everyone for your design work. Here is some direction I want to give based on the designs that have been coming in.
- I like thick and bold font that would be similar to the Bodoni font. I can purchase it now and send it to anyone that wants to incorporate that.
- I do *NOT* want chopsticks or utensils in the logo. I also do not want anything that makes it feel too "oriental" or "asian".
- As some of you have seen my pinterest page, yes everything will be served in bowls filled with rice and meat. Thank you for doing the research. We don't use egg, as the picture on there suggest. Sorry about the confusion, so please *DO NOT* have an egg in the logo.
- Just for some additional information: All meats are grilled on an open flamed grill. Veggies are grilled then served chilled and put together in the bowl with the meat on top of rice. Traditionally, these veggies are known as side dishes for a Korean meal or "BanChan". We will be offering customers to choose 6 of out of 9 BanChan.
- I would consider very simple logos with 9 little round circles stacked 3x3.
- I also would like to see a couple logos with a distressed look (like a stamp).
- I also like the ones where it looks like it's been charred or burnt into wood, as it reminds me of the meats we char on the grill.
- I have seen some bowls, which is something I am on the fence with. It reminds me too much of other Asian restaurants and might be overplayed.
- I would consider something very simple, but I don't want to describe to them in detail what they will be getting in their meal with a logo. Please keep it very clean and simple.
- Please do not have anything too intricate like carrots drawn out in detail. Look to the Chipotle and Shophouse logos. Without them saying "mexican grill" or "southeast asian kitchen" you wouldn't know from the logo what it is. My logo says "Korean Kitchen", so I don't need to spell out for them what it is. It just needs to look bold, clean and simple.
- I also prefer square or round logo's over long logo's.