How Christykaupinen started their character or mascot journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Games & Recreational
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We're making a children's book for children ages 3 to 6, about a magic "Bedtime Bunny" who lives in the enchanted forest, but hops to children's houses at bedtime to make sure they're in bed.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Main character vector illustration of a Bunny for a Childrens Book - the book is about a "Bedtime Bunny" who lives in the enchanted forest but comes to the children's house at bedtime to make sure they are in bed. Some things about the bunny:
- She's relatively young (the daughter of the Bunny King in the story)
- The book targets kids ages 3 - 6, so she should be CUTE and expressive!
- She wears a magic cloak to protect her at night (keep her hidden and warm). Undetermined on the color of the cape, but it should be gender-neutral enough to appear to both boys and girls. Thinking purple, teal, or blue? Would LOVE distinctive details here that would make it recognizable later in the form of stuffed animals, etc. Creativity encouraged!!!
- Her tail is sometimes visible in the story - maybe it sticks out through the cloak? Or out from under it?
- Main colors for the bunny should be white / light gray. Can be other distinctive details as well - she's a magic bunny!
- Do not use black outlines. They don't match the book.
- Focus on a more 3D/rendered look, rather than flat.
- Do not put the bunny on your own background. Please use either a white background, or one of the attached backgrounds.
The illustration should be in vector format, and we're looking for a profile view and front view (bunny can be running or standing).
Christy & Gayle
Potential to turn into a longer term project to complete the bunny illustrations for the book. Excerpt page from book attached (with placeholder bunny)!