We are looking to attract and build a community of people who love to attend gong baths for their personal development and awakening. To do this we are creating a brand identity, a website, a facebook presence, and posters.
• Focused on the gong: The gong is powerful. It is direct. Its power is not necessarily loud, but it can be loud. The gongs we use are beautiful. They speak for themselves. They are so unique that making the gong the star of the show is already going to stand out and be unique.
So you don't need to create a gong icon. Look at the pdf below. In the flyer the gong speaks for itself. That is how I want the logo. The logo, the website, the posters, all of it needs to be more like a frame that lets the gong do the talking. The gong doesn't need an intermediary. It is strong, beautiful and totally unique and so it will get all the attention needed. The key for the brand is to not diminish the power of the gong, but to elegantly - minimally - express what that could mean for a customer/audience member/participant.
• We must also focus on what a gong bath does for people and why that is important. From a design perspective, the way we want to do this is through FEELING. Not so much by symbolism but by using color, font, and shape to convey a feeling.
• The style needs to be super simple, direct, powerful and beautiful.
• The logo should not be symbolic of anything. It should communicate itself with color and maybe abstract form, but more a feeling than a thought...The emphasis on the design should be a gorgeous font or designed calligraphy/text surrounded by a field of color perhaps.
A NOTE ON COLOR: I am open to your direction here. I want a strong contrast to the gong so that the gong stands out on the website, posters, etc. This could be a deep purple for example, but it could also be black background with gold lettering, like the attached poster....
***These are not baths with water*** They are like baths in that the participant gets immersed in sound.
DESIGNS WE LIKE:
• Less is more. We like one or two colors at the most. Maybe more if it is very subtle and powerful, but it must speak clearly and loudly, though with sophistication and subtlety and no wasted expression. No need for embellishments. It should be essential and a single statement.
• We like this because it focuses on the gong and what gongs can do for a person when played by someone who has some mastery with the gongs. When played by someone with musical skill, sensitivity and patience, the gongs can transport a person to another realm.
• A text logo may be best, or a text with a special symbol, but not a literal symbol. The gong is the symbol.
• Even though the gong is central to the identity, it doesn’t need to be part of the logo. Think of the logo as a frame for the gong. The key is that the frame makes the gong look as powerful, majestic and spiritual as it actually is.
1. People living in Switzerland, Germany and Austria (and maybe France…so central Europe) who are ages 25 - 65 years old.
2. They are people who are spiritually inclined or at least interested in personal development.
3. They also like music. Some musical styles that one could associate with the gongs are classical music, jazz, classical Indian music as well as experimental and improvisational music.
SUMMARY OF THE OFFERING
We give gong (sound) bath meditations to individuals and groups. These are meditative musical events for groups or also for 1 - 1 sessions.
***These are not baths with water***
They are like baths in that a participant gets immersed in a space full of sound. The participant is laying down, not sitting. Their eyes are closed and their journey is with the sound. The sound takes their thoughts and shapes their thoughts, giving a gong bath a timeless feeling.
A gong bath can be a little like getting a massage but with sound in that it works on the whole body and relaxes the whole body, clearing out stuckness, but the massage idea is only part of the story. The main aspect is that gong baths are a tool to help people awaken to a different/higher/more truthful and expansive sense of who they really are!
They can be a deeply spiritual experience, that revitalizes a person, relaxes them and gives them a boost of clarity in their lives. It can be gentle or intense, but it brings people just what they need to, clear up psychological, emotional blocks so they can be more present and in tune with the beauty of the moment.
The gong itself is a strong image. It is strong and also beautiful. Take a look at my profile page. That is what a gong I use look like. They are big and dominant, but perfectly gorgeous. I think the identity also needs to capture convey this power.
So the catch words of the logo would be: clarity, power, and transformation.