I need a cover designed for a new book and video course titled, “Return: How to Draw Your Child Back to the Church".
**IMPORTANT: By "child" the book is referring to middle-aged children (20's and 30's) who have left the Church. So it's not appropriate to use little children in the cover design.**
I need the front cover, back cover, and spine design. The cover should be a height/width ratio of 1.6 or 1563 pixels wide and 2500 pixels tall. I would like the cover design delivered as JPG files, along with the original source files, whether Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign.
GENERAL COVER DETAILS
- Resolution = 300 dpi
- LPI = 180
- Color space = CMYK
- Bleed = 0.125" (3mm) on all four sides
- Type safety = 0.25" (6mm) on all sides
- Small endorsement at top ("Every Catholic parent should read this book." - John Smith, Title at Organization Name)
- Title in very large font (Return)
- Subtitle (How to Draw Your Child back to the Church)
- Author name (Brandon Vogt)
- I'm open to any sort of background (photo, pattern, flat, etc.)
- Per my notes above, I would like some sort of symbolism or creativity with the text and cover
- Description of book (See attached Word doc)
- Author description (See attached Word doc)
- Call out box somewhere that says "Download FREE bonus resources at ReturnResources.com"
- Standard publisher logo, book categories (Religion/Christianity/Catholicism), price ($15.99), ISBN number, barcode
- Last name (Vogt)
- Full title (Return: How to Draw Your Child Back to the Church)
- Spine type safety = 0.0625" (2mm) left/right sides
In terms of style, I like books that include a strong visual metaphor that depicts the subject. It might be nice to add symbolism suggesting the main title, "Return".
I want the book to look like it would fit on the New York Times bestsellers list.
**See attached ZIP file of book covers I like. Use them for inspiration.**
The cover should appeal to middle-aged Catholic parents (35-65 years old). This means it shouldn't be childish or too eccentric.