Deliverables and Formats:
Both a 5.25x8 paperback book cover and a Kindle e-book cover. It´s one and the same design for both, templates attached.
The front needs to have author and title on it. The back needs to have the Back Cover Text (attached) on it.
Description of the book:
This book is about a journalist who gets dragged into the Rhodesian Bushwar in the period 1968 to 1979. The guy operates a radio channel for the rebels in the safety of the neighboring country. Later the rebel fighters send him on special missions deep into the bush (along the Zambezi River) which involves fighting Rhodesian government forces. The main character is finally betrayed by a woman and kidnapped in the bush.
What I feel when reading the book:
1) The violence of the independence fight
2) The struggle for freedom for the local people
3) The hard life of independence fighters in the hot African bush
4) Task forces attacking rebels who are hiding in the African bush
Images I „see“ (imagine) when reading the book:
1) A rebel fighter operating a primitive (improvised) radio station in the 1970s in the African bush
2) Rebel fighters listening to a handheld transistor radio in the 1970s in the African bush
3) Task forces attacking rebels who are hiding in the African bush
4) Launch of a 1960s portable anti air missile in the African bush
5) A crashing 'Vickers Viscount 782D' propeller plane in the African bush at sunset
6) Task forces burning down a house where the rebels are hiding in the bush
1. The car mostly used in the book is a Land Rover Series IIa Station Wagon (with spare tire on the boot, not on the hood!) in green color
2. Weapons used are Kalashnikov AK-47, a Luger P08 (used to kill survivors from the plane crash) and a portable Strela-2 surface-air missile