I need a cookbook cover for my book as well as a logo to be used on business cards & websites.
I am writing a cookbook titled 'Food before 5'. Subtitle: 'Simple, affordable, make ahead meals for busy mums'.
It is a cookbook designed specifically for busy mums. I have given it this title because every recipe in the book can be made before 5pm which is that crazy busy time for families who have babies/toddlers who get fussy as that time of the day or school age children who have after school activities. It includes lunch box recipes, starters & salads, main meals & desserts.
I am a self published author and therefore need an amazing cover to be eye catching to the public and will make them look at my book rather than the other thousand on the shelves.
Things I am looking for on the cover:
- Simple & eye catching
- Easily recognisable kitchen utensils to represent the hands of a clock pointing to 5pm. Perhaps a spoon & fork in a wooden look. The book is mainly centered around cooking before 5pm so a representation of time on the cover is essential. Refer my sketch attached.
- No photos of people on the front cover but am happy to have graphics/drawings.
- I would like to see modern colours but don't want the majority of the cover to be orange, blue, yellow, pink or green. These are colours used in too many cookbook covers and I want mine to stand out. I was even thinking about using some black as there not that many black cookbook covers.
- I am in 2 minds about using cartoons of family members on the cover ie. baby, young girl in ballet costume, school age boy in sports uniform and mum. I'll consider covers with and without.
- No clip art.
- I have some basic drawings of mine which I have attached.
- Back cover blurb attached
- I want the logo to have some similar characteristics & colour to the book cover ie. The fork & spoon pointing to 5pm on the clock.
- I want a simple logo which is easily identifiable.
- I have attached a basic drawing of what I had engisaged initially when coming up with ideas for a logo.